Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Opinion: Oprah's September 2013 O Magazine Cover with Natural Hair


So Oprah has done it again!  She's created a buzz....something she's known for.   This time it's about this over of her September issue of O Magazine.  Oprah reportedly donned a 3.5 lb wig for this cover where the feature is going to be about hair.  Some have said they don't like it because it's not truly representative of our natural hair texture.  Humph, I say she who has not bought yaki, Remi, virgin Indian or Malyasian, marley, or otherwise may cast the first stone.  First of all, it's clearly a wig and a fabulous one at that.  Second of all, many of us have donned extensions or hair pieces to change our look, to prepare for vacation, or to give our hair a break from time to time.  So why is the fact that Oprah has done the same such a big deal??  I think it's amazing and a very fierce accent to her bright orange sleek dress.  Would I be bold enough to wear a hairpiece this large, nahhh, with my 6'1 foot, 3 inch heel wearing frame I would surely block an 10 ft radius and that wouldn't fair to anyone, now would it?  LOL

So sound off, what do you think about Oprah's hair?  Love it or Hate it?  And share why in the comment section below.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not even an Oprah stan, but I love that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,I 'AM' an Oprah fan. I love who she's grown into and how she loves helping others. However, my first thought at this cover was disappointment. Oprah has the midas touch. She could do so much for the natural movement, but chose this obviously over-the-top wig. Well, that was my thought until I found an older O Cover ( http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/08/oprah-rocks-natural-hair-on-the-september-2012-cover-of-o-magazine/ ) where Oprah showed her OWN (no pun intended) natural hair. Sorry Oprah, I should have known better of you - you always Rock! Lesson learned: Wise men/women, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves/and others the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent. The Bible says it this way: Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regardless, of the topic of this post, you have dropped some serious wisdom & knowledge for all of us! And honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's just that...an opinion, it's what "YOU" feel and it's ok. Just like Beyonce's pixie cut this week. So many people LOVE it, I'm like ehhh *shoulder shrug* it's ok. Again, just an opinion. Thanks to both of you for commenting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...